Quincy Animal Hospital welcomes you to our website!
CURRENT CLIENT AND PATIENT POLICY DURING COVID19
Based on current CDC and Federal and State Government recommendations, we are making adjustments to our clinic policies to help ensure the safety of our clients and staff. Our goal is to prevent transmission of COVID19 through interactions at our hospital. We want to do our best to continue to safely serve the health needs of our patients in North Florida and South Georgia while protecting their owners as well.
While we are relying are relying on guidelines from the CDC, AVMA and Federal and State agencies, we have had extensive experience in dealing with zoonotic diseases and preventing their transmission. Dr. Larry and Dr. Beth have personally seen cases of and dealt with prevention measures for: Rabies, Leptospirosis, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Brucellosis, Toxoplasmosis, and others.
- If you are anyone in your family is ill, is under quarantine or has been exposed to someone with the illness, please let us know. We ask you to reschedule routine appointments in this case. If you have a pet illness/emergency, we very likely can still accommodate you, but please call ahead so we may make arrangements prior to your arrival.
- We are limiting access to the hospital reception/waiting area. As this area is very large, it is quite difficult to adequately clean in between visits. So for all appointments, we ask you to call us from your car when you arrive. We will send someone out to check you in and then call you in when we are ready.
- We ask that only one person accompany any appointments. If you have multiple patients, we can place them in a kennel inside while you wait. Our reception area will not be available for any additional people to wait, you must wait in your vehicle-so please make appropriate plans. Each appointment room will be cleaned and disinfected between appointments. We will provide hand sanitation as you arrive and leave if needed (as long as supplies last).
- Drop off appointments limit our contact with each other (social distancing) and is an effective way for us to give your pet care while minimizing contact between our clients and staff to client contact. We are limited on the number we can see based on kennel space, so please do not show up without calling first. We have always tried to accommodate walk ins, but you may be asked to reschedule if you do not have an appointment.
- We will try to ensure more contact with our doctors and staff via telephone to discuss your pet’s cases. You may talk with one of our technicians instead of a doctor during this time, but they will be closely in contact with your pet’s care and be very familiar with what is going on.
- We strongly encourage the use of our PetDesk App to request any medication refills, including Heartworm and Flea Prevention ahead of time, allowing us time to get them ready and meet you at your vehicle. If you do not have this app, please download from Apple or Android today! Select us as your provider and follow the onscreen prompts.
- We will check out medication and refill transactions from your vehicle. Calling ahead will minimize your wait time significantly. We are recommending that all clients have at least one month’s supply of life sustaining medications on hand (insulin, heart medications, etc) in case you are quarantined.
- We will not allow more than one person at a time in our waiting area. Please sanitize your hands upon entering-our receptionists will apply it.
- We are doing our best to still continue to provide care to all patients that need it, but ask that you be patient as we try to mitigate the spread of the COVID19 virus in our community.
- These actions are a work in progress and may require more stringent control if the virus affects our community more seriously. We will ease these actions as soon as it is recommended.
- Our phone lines are always busy (as many of our clients know) but this is going to overwhelm our staff. We are hiring an additional receptionist and ask your patience if you need to leave a message due to the expected heavy call volume. If you have not received a call back in a reasonable time, please call back. We are working on an emergency only number and will let you know when that is available. Please only use this number if your pet needs care immediately.
These measures may seem drastic and we sincerely hope we can look back on them and say we were more careful than we needed to be, but we are monitoring the CDC and Federal and State sources to be as proactive as possible and do our part in protecting our community, our patients and our staff. There will be loss of our patient’s lives if we are unable to continue to serve our clients and that is unacceptable to us.
We ask for your patience and understanding as we work to continue to provide care to our four legged family members during this difficult time while protecting your families and ours.
Quincy Animal Hospital in Quincy, FL is a full service companion animal hospital. It is our commitment to provide quality veterinary care throughout the life of your pet. Our services and facilities are designed to assist in routine preventive care for young, healthy pets; early detection and treatment of disease as your pet ages; and complete medical and surgical care as necessary during his or her lifetime.
e understand the special role your pet plays in your family and are dedicated to becoming your partner in your pet's health care. We treat your pet as we would our own. Our goal is to practice the highest quality medicine and surgery with compassion and an emphasis on client education. Our entire healthcare team is committed to providing personal attention to the unique concerns of each individual pet and owner. We want to make you comfortable and help you in your pet health care decisions. Dr. Larry and Dr. Beth want our clients to be active participants in the health care of their pets. Clear communication and easy to understand information is vital to you in making these decisions and providing that is our goal.
At this site, you will find information about our practice philosophy, our services, helpful forms to assist you and an extensive Pet Medical Library for you to search for additional pet health care information.
Thank you for taking the time to read about our veterinary practice and the services we offer. We welcome your comments and suggestions. Please contact us at (850) 875-4811 for all your pet health care needs.